Butler County hunter dies in ATV accident
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 11:54 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 6, 2012
A Butler County man died Saturday after an all-terrain vehicle rolled on top of him as he tried to retrieve a deer that he had shot in Armstrong County, state police said.
Police identified the man as Mark A. Stawinski, 53, of Buffalo Township. An Armstrong County coroner's report said Stawinski suffocated under the weight of the ATV.
The accident occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. off Farm Road in Mahoning Township. Stawinski had been descending a steep hill when he lost control of the ATV and it rolled on top of him, authorities said.
Another hunter discovered Stawinski, police said.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Man admits to having, intending to share pot
- Russian softball players display skills during Freeport visit
- Judge orders review of write-in votes
- Embattled Fayette City mayor wants family money back
- Scottdale Business and Professional Women’s Club to have ‘Nite Out’
- Glass company in Belle Vernon was oldest in U.S.
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Man held for trial in sex assault