Butler County hunter dies in ATV accident
A Butler County man died Saturday after an all-terrain vehicle rolled on top of him as he tried to retrieve a deer that he had shot in Armstrong County, state police said.
Police identified the man as Mark A. Stawinski, 53, of Buffalo Township. An Armstrong County coroner's report said Stawinski suffocated under the weight of the ATV.
The accident occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. off Farm Road in Mahoning Township. Stawinski had been descending a steep hill when he lost control of the ATV and it rolled on top of him, authorities said.
Another hunter discovered Stawinski, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant budget plan includes deficit, tax hike
- Connellsville students bringing Civil War to life
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Former soccer coach to stand trial in Monongahela
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- 24 teachers put on New Kensington-Arnold School District furlough list
- New Kensington shooting victim’s condition improves
- PennDOT vows help for Charleroi
- LaBar: Future of Rusev in WWE critical
- Apollo-Ridge students connect world, science