Butler County hunter dies in ATV accident
A Butler County man died Saturday after an all-terrain vehicle rolled on top of him as he tried to retrieve a deer that he had shot in Armstrong County, state police said.
Police identified the man as Mark A. Stawinski, 53, of Buffalo Township. An Armstrong County coroner's report said Stawinski suffocated under the weight of the ATV.
The accident occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. off Farm Road in Mahoning Township. Stawinski had been descending a steep hill when he lost control of the ATV and it rolled on top of him, authorities said.
Another hunter discovered Stawinski, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big Bang ‘waves’ go poof under analysis
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tre Tipton says Pitt can’t dwell on lost recruits
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Penn State New Kensington loses 4th in a row as rally comes up short
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris
- Alle-Kiski roundup: Fox Chapel boys basketball team posts 5th straight win
- Rural residents need medical specialist services