Skeletal remains found in Mercer County
State police in Mercer County are investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a wooded area near Interstate 80.
Police said a hunter found the remains about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in East Lackawannock, about a half-mile north of I-80 and half-mile east of Route 19.
Police said they do not suspect foul play in the unidentified person's death.
The identification process is expected to take weeks, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- Actress Dushku displaced from Pittsburgh hotel by One Direction
- Wolf nominates retired trooper as state police commissioner
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Mother of Pittsburgh shooting victim does not accept apology at sentencing
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Couple jailed after domestic assault in Gilpin
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary