Skeletal remains found in Mercer County
State police in Mercer County are investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a wooded area near Interstate 80.
Police said a hunter found the remains about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in East Lackawannock, about a half-mile north of I-80 and half-mile east of Route 19.
Police said they do not suspect foul play in the unidentified person's death.
The identification process is expected to take weeks, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
- LaBar: Cesaro is WWE’s next Cinderella story
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty