Skeletal remains found in Mercer County
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 11:22 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
State police in Mercer County are investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a wooded area near Interstate 80.
Police said a hunter found the remains about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in East Lackawannock, about a half-mile north of I-80 and half-mile east of Route 19.
Police said they do not suspect foul play in the unidentified person's death.
The identification process is expected to take weeks, police said.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators captain Alfredsson clarifies comments following Game 4
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Golden opportunity awaits
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Ambridge, North Allegheny defend WPIAL volleyball championships
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- West Mifflin softball shifts focus to consolation game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.