Skeletal remains found in Mercer County
State police in Mercer County are investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a wooded area near Interstate 80.
Police said a hunter found the remains about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in East Lackawannock, about a half-mile north of I-80 and half-mile east of Route 19.
Police said they do not suspect foul play in the unidentified person's death.
The identification process is expected to take weeks, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Bitter loss fuels Kiski Area boys soccer