Green Tree council approves hiring new police chief
Green Tree has a new police chief.
Robert Downey Jr., police chief at California University of Pennsylvania, was named the borough's police chief by a unanimous vote of council Monday night. Downey, who also is a Baldwin Township commissioner, has been in law enforcement for 32 years and has served as the university's police chief for 2½ years.
“It's a good place to work. It's always been a good police department,” he said.
Downey, 56, officially begins his duties in Green Tree on Jan. 14. He was chosen from among 41 applicants, said borough Manager Dave Montz.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies