Green Tree council approves hiring new police chief
Green Tree has a new police chief.
Robert Downey Jr., police chief at California University of Pennsylvania, was named the borough's police chief by a unanimous vote of council Monday night. Downey, who also is a Baldwin Township commissioner, has been in law enforcement for 32 years and has served as the university's police chief for 2½ years.
“It's a good place to work. It's always been a good police department,” he said.
Downey, 56, officially begins his duties in Green Tree on Jan. 14. He was chosen from among 41 applicants, said borough Manager Dave Montz.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Holidays are perfect for a fresh take on wearing sequins
- ‘Streetcar’ follows track of well-worn period atmosphere