Green Tree council approves hiring new police chief
Green Tree has a new police chief.
Robert Downey Jr., police chief at California University of Pennsylvania, was named the borough's police chief by a unanimous vote of council Monday night. Downey, who also is a Baldwin Township commissioner, has been in law enforcement for 32 years and has served as the university's police chief for 2½ years.
“It's a good place to work. It's always been a good police department,” he said.
Downey, 56, officially begins his duties in Green Tree on Jan. 14. He was chosen from among 41 applicants, said borough Manager Dave Montz.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Ferrante defense continues to question cyanide tests
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers