Green Tree council approves hiring new police chief
By Jeff Widmer
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 8:08 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
Green Tree has a new police chief.
Robert Downey Jr., police chief at California University of Pennsylvania, was named the borough's police chief by a unanimous vote of council Monday night. Downey, who also is a Baldwin Township commissioner, has been in law enforcement for 32 years and has served as the university's police chief for 2½ years.
“It's a good place to work. It's always been a good police department,” he said.
Downey, 56, officially begins his duties in Green Tree on Jan. 14. He was chosen from among 41 applicants, said borough Manager Dave Montz.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Elizabeth Township officials seek property to store road materials
- White Oak amends dog ordinance
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
- Steelers defensive lineman Keisel hosts kids for day of fishing
- VA said to defy calls for records
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.