Green Tree council approves hiring new police chief
Green Tree has a new police chief.
Robert Downey Jr., police chief at California University of Pennsylvania, was named the borough's police chief by a unanimous vote of council Monday night. Downey, who also is a Baldwin Township commissioner, has been in law enforcement for 32 years and has served as the university's police chief for 2½ years.
“It's a good place to work. It's always been a good police department,” he said.
Downey, 56, officially begins his duties in Green Tree on Jan. 14. He was chosen from among 41 applicants, said borough Manager Dave Montz.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Kids evacuated at Mars Area High after electrical fire, no injuries reported
- Chevron puts $20M into educating, training Appalachian workers
- Schools closed after state police ambush suspect reportedly sighted nearby
- 3 women selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation focused on craft, taste
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live