Ross couple settles lawsuit against township police, Ross Park Mall and security company over assault
A Ross couple have settled their federal civil rights lawsuit against one of the township's police officers, Ross Park Mall and a security company over an assault by a security guard on the day after Thanksgiving in 2010.
Joseph Bosick, the attorney for Simon Property Group Inc. of Indianapolis and Valor Security Services, of Marietta, Ga., declined comment on the details of the settlement. Lawyers for plaintiffs John and Kellie Kaminski and the township's solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
The security guard, Gregory Lattera, 27, of Philadelphia, pleaded guilty in September 2011 to falsely telling police that John Kaminski had struck him with his vehicle while Lattera was directing traffic.
The Kaminskis claim in the lawsuit Officer Joseph Serowik used a Taser on John Kaminski after Lattera pinned him to the ground in the parking lot. Serowik denies that Kaminski was pinned when he arrived and that he Tased Kaminski as he struggled to get back up.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Takei to host Pittsburgh Pops ‘Sci-Fi’ concerts
- Western PA Wildcatz semipro football team chasing national title
- 30 cited for trespassing at union rally
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Duquense teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Pittsburgh braces for waves of marches, demonstrations this week
- Man to serve prison sentence for rock attack
- Killer Baumhammers wants public defender for death sentence appeal
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency