McKeesport teen dies from gunshot wound
The teen who was shot and wounded last week in McKeesport died early Monday at UPMC Presbyterian, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Emmanuel White, 16, of McKeesport, died at 12:01 a.m. from a gunshot wound to the neck suffered about 8:10 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Craig and Brownlee streets in Crawford Village, the spokesman said.
Police have said White, who is from Harrison Village, may have been involved in an ongoing feud between young men from that neighborhood and others in Crawford Village. Police also said they believe the shooting was drug-related.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Allegheny County using $15.5M grant to reduce homelessness
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Cal U professor who died in campus office was lawyer, civil rights leader
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Supporters optimistic about passage of medical marijuana
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang