Woman sues North Versailles, claims discrimination in police department
An Elizabeth Township woman claims in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday that North Versailles failed to promote her and eventually fired her as a part-time police officer because of gender discrimination.
Desiree Smith Mihalic claims in the lawsuit against North Versailles, its board of commissioners and police Chief Vincent DiCenzo Jr. that she was denied overtime and favorable shifts and then fired in September because of the “male-dominated culture” at the police department.
She is seeking reinstatement and promotion to a full-time police officer. DiCenzo and the North Versailles solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee