Woman sues North Versailles, claims discrimination in police department
An Elizabeth Township woman claims in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday that North Versailles failed to promote her and eventually fired her as a part-time police officer because of gender discrimination.
Desiree Smith Mihalic claims in the lawsuit against North Versailles, its board of commissioners and police Chief Vincent DiCenzo Jr. that she was denied overtime and favorable shifts and then fired in September because of the “male-dominated culture” at the police department.
She is seeking reinstatement and promotion to a full-time police officer. DiCenzo and the North Versailles solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Missing Sewickley teen found safe
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Sanchez odd man out with Pirates recalling Stewart
- Highmark asks patients to ‘Meet Dr. Right’
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- U.S. oil, natural gas rig count drops by 34 to 954
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates