Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
- Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta