Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Leon Ford appeals traffic violation conviction to Superior Court
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Kids evacuated at Mars Area High after electrical fire, no injuries reported