Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Quarantine fears jeopardize volunteer work in Ebola-stricken West Africa
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener
- Peters Township boys top USC to win back-to-back WPIAL Class AAA titles
- Penn State renews ‘rivalry’ with Big Ten foe Maryland
- Mt. Pleasant steamrolls Shady Side Academy, 38-0
- Woodland Hills’ potent rushing attack deflates North Hills, 41-2
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Central Catholic fights its way through decisive win over Norwin
- Penguins GM Rutherford: Malkin’s play belies fact he missed training camp
- West Allegheny’s stout defense paves way for 38-0 victory over Knoch
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end