Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- TED Talks event to appeal to millenials
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Gorman: Mt. Lebanon coach leads USA to gold