Man shot in head in McKees Rocks
By Michael Hasch
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A man was shot and wounded Tuesday night in McKees Rocks.
The victim apparently was riding in a car when the shooting occurred about 7:45 p.m. on Amelia Street near the intersection of Chartiers Avenue.
When McKees Rocks police arrived they found the man lying on the street with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
Passers-by said the man was pulled from the car by another person in the car. Police said he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses reported hearing more than a half-dozen gunshots.
Police in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities were told to be on the lookout for three men seen running from the area.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Mt. Pleasant’s Penn Theater building coming down
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- U.S., Taliban to formally talk peace
- Mt. Pleasant Community Yard Sale set for Saturday
- Southmoreland board plans vote on spending plan
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.