Police say N.J. man brought $20K in heroin to Pittsburgh
A New Jersey man was arrested Tuesday evening after police say he arrived in Pittsburgh with $20,000 worth of heroin.
Rasheed McKenith, 33, of Newark, arrived at the Amtrak station, Downtown, around 7:45 p.m. and walked across the street to the Greyhound bus station, arousing the suspicion of four city police officers in the area, police Lt. Jason Lando said.
The officers followed him into the men's room where they saw him abandon a book bag containing 2,000 stamp bags of heroin, Lando said.
McKenith was taken to Night Court to be arraigned on charges of possession with intent to deliver heroin.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Valley plans to play up-tempo under 1st-year coach Schifino
- Young Steel Valley players looking for experience
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Cal U falls after earning No. 22 ranking
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- Sixth Grade Academy work reported on schedule
- Clairton waits for legal opinion on tax resolution
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation