Police say N.J. man brought $20K in heroin to Pittsburgh
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 10:38 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A New Jersey man was arrested Tuesday evening after police say he arrived in Pittsburgh with $20,000 worth of heroin.
Rasheed McKenith, 33, of Newark, arrived at the Amtrak station, Downtown, around 7:45 p.m. and walked across the street to the Greyhound bus station, arousing the suspicion of four city police officers in the area, police Lt. Jason Lando said.
The officers followed him into the men's room where they saw him abandon a book bag containing 2,000 stamp bags of heroin, Lando said.
McKenith was taken to Night Court to be arraigned on charges of possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Pirates starters Locke, Wandy enjoying good fortune
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.