Mercer County man gets 35 years for child pornography
By Brian Bowling
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, 2:28 p.m.
A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced a Mercer County man to 35 years in prison for producing child pornography.
Armando Cruz, 44, of Mercer Borough pleaded guilty in July to persuading two under-age children to engage in sexually explicit conduct so he could record it. Cruz and his friends took nude photos of three underage girls who stayed overnight at his house, according to an affidavit by FBI Special Agent Thomas Carter. Two of the girls told police that they had sexual contact with Cruz, the affidavit says.
U.S. District Judge Arthur Schwab sentenced Cruz to 17 years and 6 months on each count of producing child pornography, with the sentences to run consecutively. He also sentenced Cruz to lifetime probation and registration as a sex offender. Cruz faces state charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child and corruption of minors, according to Mercer County court records.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Review: Springsteen promises quick return at Pittsburgh show
- Hearing to determine fate of sergeant accused of killing 2 deaf Iraqi boys
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder