Mercer County man gets 35 years for child pornography
A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced a Mercer County man to 35 years in prison for producing child pornography.
Armando Cruz, 44, of Mercer Borough pleaded guilty in July to persuading two under-age children to engage in sexually explicit conduct so he could record it. Cruz and his friends took nude photos of three underage girls who stayed overnight at his house, according to an affidavit by FBI Special Agent Thomas Carter. Two of the girls told police that they had sexual contact with Cruz, the affidavit says.
U.S. District Judge Arthur Schwab sentenced Cruz to 17 years and 6 months on each count of producing child pornography, with the sentences to run consecutively. He also sentenced Cruz to lifetime probation and registration as a sex offender. Cruz faces state charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child and corruption of minors, according to Mercer County court records.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Flooding forces evacuation of Ligonier Township residents
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Rossi: Pirates’ post-Martin plan comes with a catch or 2
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- Man found fatally shot in Washington
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Safety Vinopal, other former Panthers perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after pitcher experienced elbow discomfort