North Hills school board elects president, vice president
The North Hills School Board unanimously re-elected Timothy Burnett as president and Thomas Kelly as vice-president for one-year appointments during its reorganization meeting this week.
Burnett, 58, of Ross, has served on the board for 11 years and will serve as president for the third time. Kelly is beginning his eighth year on the board and his fifth term as vice-president.
The board also approved its 2013 meeting dates, which are listed on the district's website – www.nhsd.net – under the school board tab. Committee meetings will be held at the district's administration center at 7 p.m. and legislative meetings are located in the North Hills Junior High School large group instruction room at 7:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC