Man dead in fall from parking garage roof Downtown
Published: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 8:18 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
Pittsburgh police believe a man who plunged to his death Wednesday night from the seventh floor of the Grant Street Transportation Center parking garage, Downtown, took his own life.
A security guard saw the man on the seventh floor of the garage and, fearing he was going to jump, called 911 around 7:40 p.m., police said. The guard ran downstairs and looked up and saw the man hanging by his hands on the Penn Avenue side of the garage, officers said.
A few moments later, the man let go or fell and landed on the sidewalk. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Police were trying to learn his identity.
- Pens’ Bylsma: Vitale scratch due to faceoff performance
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Pitt baseball team wins Big East Tournament opener
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Officials: Man lunged at FBI agent with knife during bombing case interview
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.