Inmate stabbed at Pittsburgh prison
By The The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, 9:27 p.m.
An inmate at the State Correctional Institution in Pittsburgh was stabbed on Wednesday, city police were told.
Pittsburgh police received an alert from the Woods Run facility at 6:45 p.m. saying that an inmate suffered minor wounds in the stabbing.
State Department of Correction officials in Pittsburgh and Harrisburg could not be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Panthers free agent safety headed to Steelers
- Upper St. Clair man dies in crash of experimental airplane at Washington County Airport
- Analysis: Steelers could fill needs with free agents while not spending big bucks
- Ordinance requires Pittsburgh government to publish data online
- Greensburg man lending his expertise to new cable series ‘UFO Files’
- Mars Area board prepared to reject drilling proposal, president says
- Steelers to release LaMarr Woodley; Taylor restructures contract
- Police charge Westmoreland County priest in $124,000 theft case
- Memo confirms VA Pittsburgh officials knew of Legionella threat long before made public
- Irish chef takes boiled corned beef and cabbage to task
- Judge denies former city police Chief Nate Harper’s appeal