Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call