Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- Ford City’s teamwork, emotion take center stage in semifinal win over Freeport
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- Few knew of cyber attack on White House computer network
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title