Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 6:35 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Green cemetery set to host public at third annual picnic
- Senators notebook: Stone gets call in place of Conacher
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT… The Summer Playground Program
- Sewickley’s Sweetwater center to host film festival, film-making class for teens
- 3-D printer helps save boy with birth defect
- Soldier killed on London street; terrorist suspect filmed with cleaver, knife
- Plum gains third state rep through reapportionment
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.