Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to ‘Mockingjay Part 1’
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Review: ‘Mockingjay — Part 1’ a glum setup for ‘Hunger Games’ finale
- Carnegie Science Center adds legendary Buhl Planetarium to railroad village
- Child flown to Pittsburgh hospital after being struck by car in Beaver County
- Pittsburgh find missing 12-year-old girl
- First Draft: Leave the wine corked and serve beer for Thanksgiving
- Education program comes full circle at UPG
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Fashion FYI: Designer Tory Burch turns into author