Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say burglars caught in the act in Beechview
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Allegheny County assistant public defender Capone charged with lying to court staff
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Bober released as Wuerl school president to concentrate on building new St. Kilian church