Beaver County man to stand trial in 1993 homicide
A Beaver County district judge on Friday ordered an Industry man to stand trial on a charge that he drowned his wife in a swimming pool nearly 20 years ago.
Police said they always suspected Jon A. Lang, 54, in the 1993 death of his wife, Debbie, 34, in the pool behind their Patterson Township home but did not have evidence to file charges.
In February, Jamie Darlington, a former Beaver County resident, told authorities he saw Lang hold his wife underwater with a pool skimmer.
District Judge Joseph Schafer ordered Lang to stand trial and he remains in the Beaver County Jail, ineligible for bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Shooting at hospital near Philadelphia injures 3
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, five injured in Penn Hills
- DA must approve some arrests based on eyewitness identification
- Beaver DA believes girls might have lived had dad responded faster
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Allegheny County public works director leaves job
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend in back
- Findlay company owed another $27M, judge decides
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams