Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or mhasch @tribweb.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Voters opt for ‘Don’t Know’ in 2016 presidential race, poll finds
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Military academy members hone hacking skills at Pittsburgh competition
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- As banking goes mobile, branch closures rip through local economy