Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
By Michael Hasch
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Judge snookered by service dog claim
- Pens’ Bylsma: Vitale scratch due to faceoff performance
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Pitt baseball team wins Big East Tournament opener
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.