Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Former Olympian Bruce Jenner comes out as transgender: ‘I am a woman’
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Death toll from Nepal earthquake reaches at least 876
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting