Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty