Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- EPA says it won’t reguluate coal ash as hazardous waste
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Shady Side Academy torments Apollo-Ridge, moves to 3-0
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- DC local roundup: Connellsville boys basketball earns first win of the season
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- A-K Valley roundup: Late surge lifts Knoch past Valley
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Washington County man dies following fire at apartment complex