Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- PSU recruit Joseph to meet club pal, an Iowa recruit, in PIAA Class AAA semis
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Commentary: Grateful economics are Dead as fans pay through the nose
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- States’ attempts to curb campus sex assaults snag on complex issues of victims’, accusers’ rights
- McCandless-born writer found herself through ‘Orange’
- No one hurt in Hempfield school bus, van crash
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention