Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- For 1 night on stage, embattled Cosby his old self
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run