Man dead, woman wounded in Spring Hill shooting
By Michael Hasch
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
A man was fatally shot and a woman was wounded on Friday night in an apartment in Pittsburgh's Spring Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side when three men knocked on the door and demanded money when the woman answered, according to city police Lt. Michael Piasecki.
The gunmen then barged in and began shooting, he said, adding that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to city paramedics.
The woman, who was shot in the arm and had a head wound, went to a neighboring apartment to get help. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side in critical condition, paramedics said.
Neighbors said the dead man was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the wounded woman was his fiancee.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Remember When: Sermon presented to graduates
- Restaurant battles online reviews
- Road Trip! Destination: Museum gems of NYC
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Director of the Fort Pitt Museum in Point State Park seemed destined for job
- Lula in Sewickley offers intimate surroundings, simple food
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Family event at Fun Fore All to benefit pediatric cancer research
- Hunt Institute’s collection of botanicals continues to bloom
- Seneca Valley grads Helisek, Mazzoni moving up minor-league ranks
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.