Coroner IDs victim in Spring Hill shooting
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office Saturday identified a Spring Hill man shot in a neighborhood apartment Friday night.
Terry James, 38, was shot, and another woman wounded, shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side, according to police.
Police said three men knocked on the apartment door and demanded money when the woman answered. The men then forced their way inside and began shooting. Police said they found drug paraphernalia in the apartment.
The woman, who was not named, was taken to Allegheny General Hospital Friday night, critically injured with gunshot wounds to the head and arm. Her condition was not available Saturday.
City police were not available Saturday morning to provide additional details. The medical examiner's office said an autopsy will be conducted on James today. Neighbors said James was shot to death on his birthday, and the injured woman was his fiancée.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office seeks halt to sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection