Coroner IDs victim in Spring Hill shooting
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 10:30 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office Saturday identified a Spring Hill man shot in a neighborhood apartment Friday night.
Terry James, 38, was shot, and another woman wounded, shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side, according to police.
Police said three men knocked on the apartment door and demanded money when the woman answered. The men then forced their way inside and began shooting. Police said they found drug paraphernalia in the apartment.
The woman, who was not named, was taken to Allegheny General Hospital Friday night, critically injured with gunshot wounds to the head and arm. Her condition was not available Saturday.
City police were not available Saturday morning to provide additional details. The medical examiner's office said an autopsy will be conducted on James today. Neighbors said James was shot to death on his birthday, and the injured woman was his fiancée.
- Alvarez blast lifts Pirates past Astros
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched for soreness in right knee
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
- Local ‘drummer boys’ plan march from Pittsburgh to Gettysburg
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.