Coroner IDs victim in Spring Hill shooting
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office Saturday identified a Spring Hill man shot in a neighborhood apartment Friday night.
Terry James, 38, was shot, and another woman wounded, shortly after 8 p.m. in the III Rivers Manor housing complex in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in the North Side, according to police.
Police said three men knocked on the apartment door and demanded money when the woman answered. The men then forced their way inside and began shooting. Police said they found drug paraphernalia in the apartment.
The woman, who was not named, was taken to Allegheny General Hospital Friday night, critically injured with gunshot wounds to the head and arm. Her condition was not available Saturday.
City police were not available Saturday morning to provide additional details. The medical examiner's office said an autopsy will be conducted on James today. Neighbors said James was shot to death on his birthday, and the injured woman was his fiancée.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- ‘Swing Night’ has feel of Prohibiton-era dance hall
- Outdoors notebook: Changes likely coming to area lakes
- Pence: ‘Not going to change’ religious freedom law
- Duke returns to Final Four with win over Gonzaga
- 2 bodies found at site of gas explosion in NYC apartments
- Arrests made in South Side fracas
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- More Parkway West closures planned this week