Serviceman hurt in fall at Coraopolis base
By Bill Zlatos
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
A serviceman was injured Sunday while doing maintenance on a tanker for the 171st Air Refueling Wing in Moon.
Maj. Karen Knoerdel, wing spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Air National Guard, said the downlock, part of the landing gear, knocked the man over about noon, and he was taken to Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, as a precaution. She declined to identify him.
“He was sitting up (afterward). He was fine. He was responsive,” she said.
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Stanford pitcher Appel set for what could be final college game
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- LV softball headed to D6 title game
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- Seton-La Salle boys win WPIAL lacrosse title
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.