Man's body found in Mon River near Pittsburgh's Station Square
Body pulled from Monongahela
A man's body was pulled from the Monongahela River near Station Square on Sunday morning, police said.
The body, described only as a white male, was discovered in the river just before 10:45 a.m., according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
An autopsy was conducted Sunday, but the Medical Examiner's Office is not declaring a cause and manner of death pending investigation by Pittsburgh homicide detectives. The man's identity was not yet released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home