Man's body found in Mon River near Pittsburgh's Station Square
Body pulled from Monongahela
A man's body was pulled from the Monongahela River near Station Square on Sunday morning, police said.
The body, described only as a white male, was discovered in the river just before 10:45 a.m., according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
An autopsy was conducted Sunday, but the Medical Examiner's Office is not declaring a cause and manner of death pending investigation by Pittsburgh homicide detectives. The man's identity was not yet released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- 2 Ukrainian military fighter jets shot down
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Hollidaysburg native Lafferty relishing his chance with Penguins
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU