Train hits car in Dravosburg
No one was hurt when a train crashed into a car in Dravosburg Monday morning.
A woman in her 70s was driving Route 837 from Dravosburg toward Duquesne when she went off the road and onto the tracks at the Boswell Oil railroad crossing about 4:30 a.m., McKeesport police Detective Sgt. James Reed said.
The woman called 911 and heard a train horn while she was on the phone with the dispatcher, who told her to get out of the car, Reed said. She escaped uninjured.
The Norfolk Southern train couldn't stop in time and hit the car, Reed said. Police reopened the road about 6:15 a.m.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School