Train hits car in Dravosburg
No one was hurt when a train crashed into a car in Dravosburg Monday morning.
A woman in her 70s was driving Route 837 from Dravosburg toward Duquesne when she went off the road and onto the tracks at the Boswell Oil railroad crossing about 4:30 a.m., McKeesport police Detective Sgt. James Reed said.
The woman called 911 and heard a train horn while she was on the phone with the dispatcher, who told her to get out of the car, Reed said. She escaped uninjured.
The Norfolk Southern train couldn't stop in time and hit the car, Reed said. Police reopened the road about 6:15 a.m.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Mt. Pleasant pulp fiction author releases pair of new books
- Perryopolis cops, Frazier officials probe alleged student gun threat
- Most serious charge withdrawn in drug case involving girl, 14.
- Army officer Vets Day parade marshal
- Carroll hires full-time police officer
- Heating oil costs lowest in years
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority, Allegheny Township dispute over School Road close to resolution
- South Allegheny boys soccer grows amid adversity
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step