Train hits car in Dravosburg
By Margaret Harding
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
No one was hurt when a train crashed into a car in Dravosburg Monday morning.
A woman in her 70s was driving Route 837 from Dravosburg toward Duquesne when she went off the road and onto the tracks at the Boswell Oil railroad crossing about 4:30 a.m., McKeesport police Detective Sgt. James Reed said.
The woman called 911 and heard a train horn while she was on the phone with the dispatcher, who told her to get out of the car, Reed said. She escaped uninjured.
The Norfolk Southern train couldn't stop in time and hit the car, Reed said. Police reopened the road about 6:15 a.m.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.There are currently no comments for this story.
- McKeesport Area board set to adopt budget, tax rate
- N. Huntingdon road remains private — for now
- Franklin Regional officials hire Reljac, appoint board member
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Jeannette treasurer calls it quits
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Apple deal pads Eliz. Forward’s technology arsenal
- Everson resident accused of attacking woman with car
- Westmoreland courthouse security to tighten