Bellevue man wanted for fatal North Side shooting
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 2:28 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Pittsburgh homicide detectives have obtained an arrest warrant for a Bellevue man in connection with a shooting on Friday that left a man dead and a woman critically injured.
Lawrence B. “Red” Simmons, 41, is wanted for the shooting at the Three Rivers Manor housing project in the 2100 block of Rhine Street in Spring Hill.
Police said Simmons and two other men forced their way into an apartment about 8 p.m. Friday demanding money. Once inside, Simmons and another man began firing.
Police said Terry James, 38, was shot in the chest, head and arm. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene at 8:14 p.m.
The men pistol-whipped a 26-year-old woman who also was in the apartment before shooting her in an arm and the head. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side in critical condition.
Neighbors said James was a longtime resident of the community, and his birthday was on Friday. They said the woman was his fiancee.
Police described Simmons as 5 feet, 10 inches tall, about 170 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Detectives ask anyone with information about the case or Simmons' whereabouts to call police at 412-323-7161.
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Pens GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was in-playoffs improvement
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Biertempfel: Pirates’ Alvarez continues improvement at third base
- 2-vehicle crash sends minivan into Winfield Township bagel shop
- 40 years later, an Indy 500 tragedy too painful to forget
- Local golf notebook: W.Pa. native hopeful for full PGA Tour privileges in 2014
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.