Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 5:38 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Storm won’t pack as big of a punch in W.Pa.
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- NHL Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Cozza, Tranquilli win nods for judge
- Senators get vote of confidence
- Westinghouse hires regional president
- Gilman, 2 City Council incumbents get nod
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.