Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Penn to test ‘balloon pill’ in weight-loss trial
- Cubs’ 3-run, 9th-inning rally upends Pirates
- Discord between Westmoreland commissioner, controller draws 2nd criminal inquiry
- Westmoreland County hopes to fill 3 departments head positions soon
- Watch out for fraud, elder abuse
- Starkey: Vanilla Mike too polite on officiating
- Renewable energy shows growth in employment
- Auto industry shifts its sights, jobs to Mexico
- Georgia pair accused of jury duty phone scam in Pittsburgh likely behind attempted ones in Westmoreland
- Weather a growing threat to nation’s power grid, Energy report says
- Texas quakes linked to drilling