Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Torn thumb ligament puts Josh Harrison on DL
- McCandless mom suspected of drowning sons found competent to stand trial
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Accident closes westbound lane of Route 22 in Murrysville
- Online series recognizes Hampton as top-notch school
- McIlroy, world’s No. 1 golfer, injures ankle playing soccer
- Alle-Kiski farmers: Crops weather heavy rain
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of scary crash
- Carlynton drops golf, adds cross country
- Pair of Chartiers Valley hockey players headed to national girls camp