Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Committee says Senate should consider removing Attorney General Kane
- Derailment impacting Amtrak service eastbound from Pittsburgh
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Pittsburgh police chief reviewing use of force policies: Most ‘quite satisfactory’
- Police find marijuana grow rooms in Castle Shannon
- Trib readers help families with Operation Santa Claus