Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- House has Pitt defense trending in right direction
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- Heyl: ‘Mr. Peduto Head’ products could earn city much-needed revenue