Power outage affects Greenfield pumping station
An interruption of electrical service Monday afternoon affected the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority water pumping station in Greenfield.
Residents in Greenfield and areas of Squirrel Hill were warned to expect low water pressure when the authority announced the interruption at 4:40 p.m. Power was restored at 6 p.m. and water pressure was reported back to normal.
Duquesne Light spokesman Joseph Vallarian said the utility is experiencing widely scattered service interruptions on Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- Hempfield man serving life without parole for killing wife tells judge he’ll pay restitution when he’s released
- Woman crashes car at Pittsburgh federal building after high-speed chase
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing