Man victim of shooting, carjacking in East Hills
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Dec. 10, 2012, 6:08 p.m.
A man who was shot during a carjacking on Monday in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood managed to make his way to a home in Wilkinsburg to call for help, city police said.
The man — who suffered a gunshot wound to the head and three to the torso — called police at 1:50 p.m. from a home on Swissvale Avenue, city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
He talked with detectives at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland and doctors don't believe the wounds are life-threatening, Herrmann said.
The man said he stopped at a stop sign, possibly along Wilner Drive, when two men got in and shot and robbed him before driving off in his vehicle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Crash victim dies day after ‘horrific’ wreck in Armstrong County
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Rice cornerback among 3 draft prospects to visit Steelers
- LaBar: WWE needs to be careful with Cesaro plans
- Man found shot twice, dead in Larimer
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Deer Lakes Park drilling debate veers into ethics complaint
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well