Man victim of shooting, carjacking in East Hills
A man who was shot during a carjacking on Monday in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood managed to make his way to a home in Wilkinsburg to call for help, city police said.
The man — who suffered a gunshot wound to the head and three to the torso — called police at 1:50 p.m. from a home on Swissvale Avenue, city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
He talked with detectives at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland and doctors don't believe the wounds are life-threatening, Herrmann said.
The man said he stopped at a stop sign, possibly along Wilner Drive, when two men got in and shot and robbed him before driving off in his vehicle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- U.S. Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- No. 11 Purdue presents tall order for Pitt