Man victim of shooting, carjacking in East Hills
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 6:08 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
A man who was shot during a carjacking on Monday in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood managed to make his way to a home in Wilkinsburg to call for help, city police said.
The man — who suffered a gunshot wound to the head and three to the torso — called police at 1:50 p.m. from a home on Swissvale Avenue, city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
He talked with detectives at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland and doctors don't believe the wounds are life-threatening, Herrmann said.
The man said he stopped at a stop sign, possibly along Wilner Drive, when two men got in and shot and robbed him before driving off in his vehicle.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Couples commits to Senior Players Championship
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.