Man victim of shooting, carjacking in East Hills
A man who was shot during a carjacking on Monday in Pittsburgh's East Hills neighborhood managed to make his way to a home in Wilkinsburg to call for help, city police said.
The man — who suffered a gunshot wound to the head and three to the torso — called police at 1:50 p.m. from a home on Swissvale Avenue, city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
He talked with detectives at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland and doctors don't believe the wounds are life-threatening, Herrmann said.
The man said he stopped at a stop sign, possibly along Wilner Drive, when two men got in and shot and robbed him before driving off in his vehicle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group
- Grads’ starting salaries way behind average
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan