Body found along railroad tracks in North Side
A homeless man whose body was found Tuesday afternoon along the railroad tracks in the North Side may have died from a drug overdose, Pittsburgh police said.
The man — who was identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office as Daryl McMurray, 52 — was found with a syringe near his hand and a bag of suspected heroin nearby, police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said. There were no obvious signs of injury and it will be up to the medical examiner to determine the cause and manner of death, Herrmann said.
The tracks are located above Sandusky Street between PNC Park and Allegheny Commons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CMU water service to be interrupted for much of Sunday
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Pirates notebook: Worley raring to go after skipping last start
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again