Body found along railroad tracks in North Side
A homeless man whose body was found Tuesday afternoon along the railroad tracks in the North Side may have died from a drug overdose, Pittsburgh police said.
The man — who was identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office as Daryl McMurray, 52 — was found with a syringe near his hand and a bag of suspected heroin nearby, police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said. There were no obvious signs of injury and it will be up to the medical examiner to determine the cause and manner of death, Herrmann said.
The tracks are located above Sandusky Street between PNC Park and Allegheny Commons.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Blues-rock singer Joe Cocker dead at 70
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Judge holds for trial 1 charge of theft against Pittsburgh homicide detective
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- 1 person stabbed in South Connellsville