McKeesport shooting victim dies
A man who was shot last week at the Hi View Gardens apartment complex in McKeesport died Tuesday.
Jesse Thornton, 23, of McKeesport, died at 5:30 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland, where he was taken following the shooting Thursday night, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
McKeesport police Chief Bryan Washowich has said Thornton was shot in the midsection inside Building 733.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Miami gets prepared for ‘physical’ Pitt football team
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Despite injuries, Penn State’s Nelson ‘thankful’
- Sex offender checks in with stolen boarding pass, authorities say
- Greensburg Salem boys hope to build on trip to WPIAL postseason
- Washington project ensures long-term carbon storage