Couple sues Scott Township, Allegheny County claiming road is unsafe
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 12:10 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
A Dormont couple has filed a lawsuit in Allegheny County naming Scott Township and Allegheny County as co-defendants responsible for a car accident.
Cheryl and Robert Keefer claim in the lawsuit filed Dec. 3 that Scott and Allegheny County knew about the unsafe conditions on Vanadium Road in Scott, but did nothing to make it safer or warn motorists of the danger.
Cheryl Keefer was injured on Dec. 24, 2010 when motorist Mary Seelnacht of Allison Park caused Keefer's car swerve off the road and strike a telephone pole. Keefer sustained head, neck and back injuries. The Keefers are seeking an undisclosed amount of money.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Commissioners, sanitary authority remain at odds
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- Steelers reach agreement with sixth-round pick Williams
- Primary outcomes likely to rest in the hands of the few
- Pittsburgh Ballet thrives from 30-year affiliation with sports therapy
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.