Couple sues Scott Township, Allegheny County claiming road is unsafe
A Dormont couple has filed a lawsuit in Allegheny County naming Scott Township and Allegheny County as co-defendants responsible for a car accident.
Cheryl and Robert Keefer claim in the lawsuit filed Dec. 3 that Scott and Allegheny County knew about the unsafe conditions on Vanadium Road in Scott, but did nothing to make it safer or warn motorists of the danger.
Cheryl Keefer was injured on Dec. 24, 2010 when motorist Mary Seelnacht of Allison Park caused Keefer's car swerve off the road and strike a telephone pole. Keefer sustained head, neck and back injuries. The Keefers are seeking an undisclosed amount of money.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- State closing Zelienople treatment facility after allegations of child sexual abuse
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- McCarthy withdraws candidacy for speaker
- Pirates no match for Cubs, Arrieta in wild-card loss