Couple sues Scott Township, Allegheny County claiming road is unsafe
A Dormont couple has filed a lawsuit in Allegheny County naming Scott Township and Allegheny County as co-defendants responsible for a car accident.
Cheryl and Robert Keefer claim in the lawsuit filed Dec. 3 that Scott and Allegheny County knew about the unsafe conditions on Vanadium Road in Scott, but did nothing to make it safer or warn motorists of the danger.
Cheryl Keefer was injured on Dec. 24, 2010 when motorist Mary Seelnacht of Allison Park caused Keefer's car swerve off the road and strike a telephone pole. Keefer sustained head, neck and back injuries. The Keefers are seeking an undisclosed amount of money.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste