Mt. Washington transit tunnel to close this weekend
Port Authority of Allegheny County plans to close the Mt. Washington transit tunnel Saturday and Sunday so crews can work on the tunnel's ventilation system, the agency said.
Red Line and Blue Line light-rail trains will use the former Allentown line to go around the closed tunnel, bypassing Station Square both days.
Subway Local trains will run Saturday between Station Square and Downtown, but will not serve South Hills Junction. Subway Local trains will use the former Allentown line on Sunday, serving South Hills Junction but bypassing Station Square.
About seven bus routes will be detoured because of the tunnel closure, using Warrington and Arlington avenues instead. Minor stop changes will occur, Port Authority said.
Regular service is expected to resume in time for Monday's morning commute.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Heyl: Ice-covered anomaly floating in the Allegheny River presents mystery