Mt. Washington transit tunnel to close this weekend
Port Authority of Allegheny County plans to close the Mt. Washington transit tunnel Saturday and Sunday so crews can work on the tunnel's ventilation system, the agency said.
Red Line and Blue Line light-rail trains will use the former Allentown line to go around the closed tunnel, bypassing Station Square both days.
Subway Local trains will run Saturday between Station Square and Downtown, but will not serve South Hills Junction. Subway Local trains will use the former Allentown line on Sunday, serving South Hills Junction but bypassing Station Square.
About seven bus routes will be detoured because of the tunnel closure, using Warrington and Arlington avenues instead. Minor stop changes will occur, Port Authority said.
Regular service is expected to resume in time for Monday's morning commute.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary