Mt. Washington transit tunnel to close this weekend
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 1:37 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Port Authority of Allegheny County plans to close the Mt. Washington transit tunnel Saturday and Sunday so crews can work on the tunnel's ventilation system, the agency said.
Red Line and Blue Line light-rail trains will use the former Allentown line to go around the closed tunnel, bypassing Station Square both days.
Subway Local trains will run Saturday between Station Square and Downtown, but will not serve South Hills Junction. Subway Local trains will use the former Allentown line on Sunday, serving South Hills Junction but bypassing Station Square.
About seven bus routes will be detoured because of the tunnel closure, using Warrington and Arlington avenues instead. Minor stop changes will occur, Port Authority said.
Regular service is expected to resume in time for Monday's morning commute.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Tornado’s lessons not lost on Alle-Kiski Valley schools
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza shopping center looking to bounce back
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- It’s stirring rally in the past, Deer Lakes focuses on Riverside
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- August Wilson Center for African American Culture needs to play ball
- Cope steps down at Valley
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.