Mt. Washington transit tunnel to close this weekend
Port Authority of Allegheny County plans to close the Mt. Washington transit tunnel Saturday and Sunday so crews can work on the tunnel's ventilation system, the agency said.
Red Line and Blue Line light-rail trains will use the former Allentown line to go around the closed tunnel, bypassing Station Square both days.
Subway Local trains will run Saturday between Station Square and Downtown, but will not serve South Hills Junction. Subway Local trains will use the former Allentown line on Sunday, serving South Hills Junction but bypassing Station Square.
About seven bus routes will be detoured because of the tunnel closure, using Warrington and Arlington avenues instead. Minor stop changes will occur, Port Authority said.
Regular service is expected to resume in time for Monday's morning commute.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Butler 911 activates stand-by plan after problems develop with radio transmission system
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Wild Things rebound; 2 named to postseason all-star team
- Seneca Valley’s Lang embracing senior soccer season
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Butler County spotlight athletes: Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
- Knoch boys soccer team piling up goals, victories
- Mars soccer team off to hot start thanks to stingy defense
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling