Woman dies in leap from Wilkins bridge
A woman jumped to her death Wednesday afternoon from a bridge along Business Route 22 in Wilkins, township police said.
Police said the woman jumped from the Hall Station Bridge, located in a hollow between the Parkway East and Monroeville Mall, at 2:30 p.m.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the woman was 46, but her name won't be released until her family is notified.
Police said they were told the woman was a passenger in a vehicle traveling east when she opened the door and rolled out onto the pavement, ran across the road and jumped from the bridge.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator
- Giant Eagle Inc. appears to have settled ‘fuelperks!’ lawsuit
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return