Woman dies in leap from Wilkins bridge
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012, 4:22 p.m.
A woman jumped to her death Wednesday afternoon from a bridge along Business Route 22 in Wilkins, township police said.
Police said the woman jumped from the Hall Station Bridge, located in a hollow between the Parkway East and Monroeville Mall, at 2:30 p.m.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the woman was 46, but her name won't be released until her family is notified.
Police said they were told the woman was a passenger in a vehicle traveling east when she opened the door and rolled out onto the pavement, ran across the road and jumped from the bridge.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead