Woman dies in leap from Wilkins bridge
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 4:22 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 16, 2012
A woman jumped to her death Wednesday afternoon from a bridge along Business Route 22 in Wilkins, township police said.
Police said the woman jumped from the Hall Station Bridge, located in a hollow between the Parkway East and Monroeville Mall, at 2:30 p.m.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the woman was 46, but her name won't be released until her family is notified.
Police said they were told the woman was a passenger in a vehicle traveling east when she opened the door and rolled out onto the pavement, ran across the road and jumped from the bridge.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Firefighters quickly extinguish Downtown restaurant fire, no one hurt
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Judge orders Scott man to spend life in prison for fatally shooting man in Hill District
- 3 former Carlow employees claim age discrimination in firings
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.