Woman dies in leap from Wilkins bridge
A woman jumped to her death Wednesday afternoon from a bridge along Business Route 22 in Wilkins, township police said.
Police said the woman jumped from the Hall Station Bridge, located in a hollow between the Parkway East and Monroeville Mall, at 2:30 p.m.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the woman was 46, but her name won't be released until her family is notified.
Police said they were told the woman was a passenger in a vehicle traveling east when she opened the door and rolled out onto the pavement, ran across the road and jumped from the bridge.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU