Police arrest woman who shot her mother in Elliott
A woman police say shot her mother in Elliott was taken into custody Thursday afternoon, Pittsburgh police said.
Police will charge India Rayzer, 27, with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and gun violations, Zone 6 Cmdr. Scott Schubert said. Police arrested Rayzer about 2:30 p.m. in the West End, he said.
Police said Rayzer knocked on the front door of her mother's house in the 1000 block of Crucible Street about 1:35 a.m. Her mother, 58, looked out the window, saw Rayzer and asked what she was doing at the house, police said. Rayzer then raised a handgun and shot into the house, firing several rounds as her mother, who was not identified, crawled away.
The mother sustained a gunshot wound to her shoulder, police said. She was in stable condition when paramedics took her to Allegheny General Hospital, police said.
Police describe Rayzer as suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens’ Dupuis out at least a month with lower-body injury
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Allegheny Township home destroyed by fire
- Audit: Pennsylvania’s education master plan is 16 years out of date
- Husband, wife die in apparent murder-suicide in Baldwin Borough
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Maddon, Hurdle are the models for modern major-league managers
- Pa. Gov. Wolf pushes ‘broad-based tax increase’ to avoid $2B deficit