Police arrest woman who shot her mother in Elliott
A woman police say shot her mother in Elliott was taken into custody Thursday afternoon, Pittsburgh police said.
Police will charge India Rayzer, 27, with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and gun violations, Zone 6 Cmdr. Scott Schubert said. Police arrested Rayzer about 2:30 p.m. in the West End, he said.
Police said Rayzer knocked on the front door of her mother's house in the 1000 block of Crucible Street about 1:35 a.m. Her mother, 58, looked out the window, saw Rayzer and asked what she was doing at the house, police said. Rayzer then raised a handgun and shot into the house, firing several rounds as her mother, who was not identified, crawled away.
The mother sustained a gunshot wound to her shoulder, police said. She was in stable condition when paramedics took her to Allegheny General Hospital, police said.
Police describe Rayzer as suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Roundup: PUC schedules hearings for FirstEnergy rate increase; New-home sales almost flat in September; more
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- New Kensington contractor selected to serve on bridge project
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Recognition key to winning 33rd District
- District 9 roundup: Redbank Valley QB sets state’s single-game passing record
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Daily Courier roundup: Greensburg Salem tops Uniontown in nonconference game