Police arrest woman who shot her mother in Elliott
By Margaret Harding
Published: Thursday, December 13, 2012, 9:08 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 13, 2012
A woman police say shot her mother in Elliott was taken into custody Thursday afternoon, Pittsburgh police said.
Police will charge India Rayzer, 27, with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and gun violations, Zone 6 Cmdr. Scott Schubert said. Police arrested Rayzer about 2:30 p.m. in the West End, he said.
Police said Rayzer knocked on the front door of her mother's house in the 1000 block of Crucible Street about 1:35 a.m. Her mother, 58, looked out the window, saw Rayzer and asked what she was doing at the house, police said. Rayzer then raised a handgun and shot into the house, firing several rounds as her mother, who was not identified, crawled away.
The mother sustained a gunshot wound to her shoulder, police said. She was in stable condition when paramedics took her to Allegheny General Hospital, police said.
Police describe Rayzer as suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Tea party protesters target Pittsburgh federal building
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Fire chief says search almost complete in Oklahoma
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.