Police arrest woman who shot her mother in Elliott
By Margaret Harding
Published: Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012, 9:08 a.m.
A woman police say shot her mother in Elliott was taken into custody Thursday afternoon, Pittsburgh police said.
Police will charge India Rayzer, 27, with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and gun violations, Zone 6 Cmdr. Scott Schubert said. Police arrested Rayzer about 2:30 p.m. in the West End, he said.
Police said Rayzer knocked on the front door of her mother's house in the 1000 block of Crucible Street about 1:35 a.m. Her mother, 58, looked out the window, saw Rayzer and asked what she was doing at the house, police said. Rayzer then raised a handgun and shot into the house, firing several rounds as her mother, who was not identified, crawled away.
The mother sustained a gunshot wound to her shoulder, police said. She was in stable condition when paramedics took her to Allegheny General Hospital, police said.
Police describe Rayzer as suffering from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama, House Republicans trade accusations in thwarting immigration reform
- Denver wife killed 12 minutes into 911 call, sparking inquiry
- Penguins rally to escape with victory in Game 1 vs. Columbus
- Peduto says Penguins playoff series will be economic boon
- Q&A with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman
- Veteran North Huntingdon police officer fired
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Penguins notebook: Goc skates, tests ailing ankle
- Reward offered in six-year-old homicide in Clairton
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Legislative sting’s scope broad, diverse