Five men invade Cranberry apartment, tie up and rob people inside
Published: Friday, December 14, 2012, 10:44 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 16, 2012
Three men tied up five people at gunpoint and ransacked an apartment in Cranberry, police said.
The assailants, armed with at least one long gun and a pistol, demanded money and drugs from residents of an apartment in the Laurelwood Apartment complex off Rochester Road just after 8 p.m. Thursday. Two other residents returned home after about 15 minutes, surprising the intruders, police said. The pair fled and called 911 while at least one person chased them, police said.
Police described the victims as people who are temporarily working in the Pittsburgh area.
Sgt. Chuck Mascellino said no one fired any shots.
Investigators don't know what type of vehicle the intruders used and only had a vague description of them.
It's not clear whether the residents were the intended target, Mascellino said, adding that they didn't recognize the intruders. They stole several items from the apartment, police said.
Mascellino said the apartment complex normally is not a trouble spot. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-776-5180.
- Hot days, cool books: Plenty of good choices for summer reads
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Port Vue author is finalist in Amazon contest
- Retailers cash in on the ’stache craze, as its popularity regrows
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Senators notebook: MacLean puts onus on veterans
- Male wounded in Rankin shooting
- Medicaid expansion: Corbett’s push-back
- Stock market ends week with loss
- IRS’ next target: Health care
- Lose the anxiety for dating success
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.