Five men invade Cranberry apartment, tie up and rob people inside
Three men tied up five people at gunpoint and ransacked an apartment in Cranberry, police said.
The assailants, armed with at least one long gun and a pistol, demanded money and drugs from residents of an apartment in the Laurelwood Apartment complex off Rochester Road just after 8 p.m. Thursday. Two other residents returned home after about 15 minutes, surprising the intruders, police said. The pair fled and called 911 while at least one person chased them, police said.
Police described the victims as people who are temporarily working in the Pittsburgh area.
Sgt. Chuck Mascellino said no one fired any shots.
Investigators don't know what type of vehicle the intruders used and only had a vague description of them.
It's not clear whether the residents were the intended target, Mascellino said, adding that they didn't recognize the intruders. They stole several items from the apartment, police said.
Mascellino said the apartment complex normally is not a trouble spot. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-776-5180.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Connellsville Polar Bear Club ready for New Year’s
- Greater Connellsville chamber seeks nominations
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater