Five men invade Cranberry apartment, tie up and rob people inside
Three men tied up five people at gunpoint and ransacked an apartment in Cranberry, police said.
The assailants, armed with at least one long gun and a pistol, demanded money and drugs from residents of an apartment in the Laurelwood Apartment complex off Rochester Road just after 8 p.m. Thursday. Two other residents returned home after about 15 minutes, surprising the intruders, police said. The pair fled and called 911 while at least one person chased them, police said.
Police described the victims as people who are temporarily working in the Pittsburgh area.
Sgt. Chuck Mascellino said no one fired any shots.
Investigators don't know what type of vehicle the intruders used and only had a vague description of them.
It's not clear whether the residents were the intended target, Mascellino said, adding that they didn't recognize the intruders. They stole several items from the apartment, police said.
Mascellino said the apartment complex normally is not a trouble spot. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 724-776-5180.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- SUV crashes into house in Sheraden
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Playoff experience pays off for Kittanning in preliminary round win over Elizabeth Forward
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- High school roundup: Derry volleyball downs Brownsville in prelminary round
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- CMU spinoff’s CEO gets council honors
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him