Cruise returns to Pittsburgh for subdued 'Jack Reacher' premiere
Paramount Pictures said Tom Cruise will return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to screen “Jack Reacher” for fans “in the city that so graciously hosted the production of the film.” There will not be a red carpet, but Cruise will introduce the film.
Saturday's red carpet premiere was cancelled due to the Newtown, Conn., tragedy. “The filmmakers and Tom Cruise convey their heartfelt sadness and their deep condolences to the families during this time,” said the release from Paramount.
Details are not yet confirmed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Reality-based networks reaching into scripted TV
- Penn State notebook: Franklin shrugs off special-teams miscues
- North Side rowhouse burns, no injuries
- Pop Culture Q&A: TLC’s ‘Little Couple,’ TNT’s ‘Last Ship’ both slated to return
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- 1879 Founders’ Circle Dinner gives preview of Sigo Falk Collections Center
- U.S. proposes extending talks with Iran as pessimism about nuclear deal grows
- Police seek missing Penn Hills man