Cruise returns to Pittsburgh for subdued 'Jack Reacher' premiere
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Dec. 17, 2012, 5:08 p.m.
Paramount Pictures said Tom Cruise will return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to screen “Jack Reacher” for fans “in the city that so graciously hosted the production of the film.” There will not be a red carpet, but Cruise will introduce the film.
Saturday's red carpet premiere was cancelled due to the Newtown, Conn., tragedy. “The filmmakers and Tom Cruise convey their heartfelt sadness and their deep condolences to the families during this time,” said the release from Paramount.
Details are not yet confirmed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Young Pakistani immigrant linked to Pennsylvania woman known as ‘Jihad Jane’ sentenced to prison
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- NBA player plans Russia’s 1st Hooters
- Wrongfully arrested man sues city of Pittsburgh, police
- Emboldened by Italy move, QVC to expand into France
- Kittanning baseball scores 5 runs in 1 inning for win
- High school roundup: West Allegheny softball earns Section 2 win over Montour
- Putin’s national address to Russians raises fears of possible incursion into southeastern Ukraine
- Penguins’ Bylsma, Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to return for Blue Jackets
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs