Charleroi Area School District missing $100,000 from cafeteria
A Washington County school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells a local TV station that, so far, the district about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody's been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But superintendent Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Paper or paper? California bans single-use plastic bags
- Women sues over injuries she blames on Pittsburgh EMS
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Neil Diamond bringing tour to Consol Energy Center
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet