Charleroi Area School District missing $100,000 from cafeteria
A Washington County school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells a local TV station that, so far, the district about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody's been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But superintendent Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett targets mid-Sept. return, Glasnow unlikely to get call
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Patience serves as virtue amid prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Knife-wielding thief steals gun in East Liberty
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Penn Hills fire displaces 10
- One shot, one assaulted in White Township brawl