Charleroi Area School District missing $100,000 from cafeteria
A Washington County school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells a local TV station that, so far, the district about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody's been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But superintendent Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche, 1-0, in overtime
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Pitt coordinator Rudolph is considered hot coaching commodity
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Port Authority says interest high for free-fare zone sponsorship
- Stock market makes biggest gain in 3 years
- NFL notebook: Cutler’s future with Bears not yet determined
- Homer City native’s handmade cards bring extra dimension to holiday greetings
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Fire destroys mobile home in Butler County