Task force arrests Beaver Falls teens
Two Beaver Falls teens wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a young mother were arrested Tuesday night by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley, both 14, were taken into custody around 10 p.m. in Beaver County.
Task force supervisor John Gallagher said the teens were found in the living room of a house in Beaver Falls and arrested without incident.
Beaver Falls police charged Velasquez with homicide and other crimes in the Dec. 8 death of Kayla Peterson, 22, of Beaver Falls. Cleckley and Kyle Goosby Jr., 13, were charged with conspiracy. Authorities arrested Goosby on Dec. 10.
Police say Velasquez shot Peterson when she told him to get a job and stop trying to bum cigarettes outside her home on 13th Street. Police said the boys followed her fiance, William Bailey, home from J‘s News and yelled at him for cigarettes before she challenged them. She left behind the 1-year-old daughter she had with Bailey.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Saxonburg Area Artists Cooperative closes its doors
- Burrell honors sports heavyweight Butch Liput with scholarship
- Springdale trestle bridge deemed structurally sound
- January temperatures, snowfall unremarkable in Western Pennsylvania
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Local products Donald, Gronkowski garner AP NFL awards; Fitzgerald gets 1st Rooney honor
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris