Task force arrests Beaver Falls teens
By Michael Hasch
Published: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:24 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Two Beaver Falls teens wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a young mother were arrested Tuesday night by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley, both 14, were taken into custody around 10 p.m. in Beaver County.
Task force supervisor John Gallagher said the teens were found in the living room of a house in Beaver Falls and arrested without incident.
Beaver Falls police charged Velasquez with homicide and other crimes in the Dec. 8 death of Kayla Peterson, 22, of Beaver Falls. Cleckley and Kyle Goosby Jr., 13, were charged with conspiracy. Authorities arrested Goosby on Dec. 10.
Police say Velasquez shot Peterson when she told him to get a job and stop trying to bum cigarettes outside her home on 13th Street. Police said the boys followed her fiance, William Bailey, home from J‘s News and yelled at him for cigarettes before she challenged them. She left behind the 1-year-old daughter she had with Bailey.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Huge sinkhole in West View detours Route 19 traffic
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Judge: Murrysville man deserves jail time for collecting child porn, threatening postal inspector
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Firefighters quickly extinguish Downtown restaurant fire, no one hurt
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.