Task force arrests Beaver Falls teens
Two Beaver Falls teens wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a young mother were arrested Tuesday night by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley, both 14, were taken into custody around 10 p.m. in Beaver County.
Task force supervisor John Gallagher said the teens were found in the living room of a house in Beaver Falls and arrested without incident.
Beaver Falls police charged Velasquez with homicide and other crimes in the Dec. 8 death of Kayla Peterson, 22, of Beaver Falls. Cleckley and Kyle Goosby Jr., 13, were charged with conspiracy. Authorities arrested Goosby on Dec. 10.
Police say Velasquez shot Peterson when she told him to get a job and stop trying to bum cigarettes outside her home on 13th Street. Police said the boys followed her fiance, William Bailey, home from J‘s News and yelled at him for cigarettes before she challenged them. She left behind the 1-year-old daughter she had with Bailey.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Sparks fly at 2nd Corbett, Wolf campaign debate
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Police identify, release people involved in I-70 collision
- Indiana County infant hit by bullet will be blind
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- September ranks with driest ever in Western Pa.
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg