Power outage closes Cal U for the day
California University of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday morning that it will not open today because of a power outage.
The message on the university website did not report the cause of the outage. Cal U spokeswoman Christine Kindl said West Penn Power crews are on the scene.
Kindl said classes are not in session, so the outage doesn't affect students.
Only essential employees should report to the Washington County university, according to the message.
The university's initial announcement said the school would be closed only until 11 a.m., but that message was updated later in the morning.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast