Power outage closes Cal U for the day
California University of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday morning that it will not open today because of a power outage.
The message on the university website did not report the cause of the outage. Cal U spokeswoman Christine Kindl said West Penn Power crews are on the scene.
Kindl said classes are not in session, so the outage doesn't affect students.
Only essential employees should report to the Washington County university, according to the message.
The university's initial announcement said the school would be closed only until 11 a.m., but that message was updated later in the morning.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Committee looks into beneficial uses of coal ash
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Ambridge police chief went undercover in attempt to catch person who robbed 2 people at knifepoint
- Washington Co. couple sues Range Resources over drilling, water
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start