Power outage closes Cal U for the day
California University of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday morning that it will not open today because of a power outage.
The message on the university website did not report the cause of the outage. Cal U spokeswoman Christine Kindl said West Penn Power crews are on the scene.
Kindl said classes are not in session, so the outage doesn't affect students.
Only essential employees should report to the Washington County university, according to the message.
The university's initial announcement said the school would be closed only until 11 a.m., but that message was updated later in the morning.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Twelve selected for jury in Ferrante trial
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Butler Township moves to block drilling in residential areas
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- French oil CEO killed when private jet collides with snowplow during takeoff in Moscow
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students