Power outage closes Cal U for the day
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 6:56 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
California University of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday morning that it will not open today because of a power outage.
The message on the university website did not report the cause of the outage. Cal U spokeswoman Christine Kindl said West Penn Power crews are on the scene.
Kindl said classes are not in session, so the outage doesn't affect students.
Only essential employees should report to the Washington County university, according to the message.
The university's initial announcement said the school would be closed only until 11 a.m., but that message was updated later in the morning.
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Sewage plant may go near trail
- Sojourners make a big splash
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.