Crime Stoppers offers reward in sexual assault case
Pittsburgh Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of a man accused of sexually assaulting a minor.
Michael J. Schmitt, 22, is charged with indecent assault, corruption of a minor and unlawful contact with a minor for incidents that occurred in July.
Schmitt — described as a black man, 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 160 pounds — is known to frequent McKees Rocks, Stowe and the West End.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 412-255-8477.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 1 killed in Lawrence County tractor-trailer crash
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Volunteer potters lend time for Empty Bowls Dinner fundraiser
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines