Garfield man arrested in connection with shooting
A Garfield man wanted for shooting a man two months ago was arrested on Wednesday by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
George Johnson, 25, was arrested about 2:30 p.m. at a home on Penn Avenue in Wilkinsburg, said Steve Frank, a deputy marshal and task force member.
Johnson is charged with attempted homicide and related crimes for a shooting that occurred Oct. 15 in the 5400 block of Columbo Street in Garfield, Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Johnson is accused of wounding Thomas Bey, who was shot in the leg and thigh as he stood in a doorway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in North Buffalo fire
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Overhaul possible for West Mifflin’s Century III Mall
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Former Ford City superintendent charged with killing family member in Texas
- Kiski River searched for possible missing kayaker
- Juvenile status hearing, trial delayed in Franklin Regional stabbings
- Decline of Christian America
- Texas man charged with helping friend’s bid to join ISIS