Man killed in home invasion identified as North Side man
The man who was fatally stabbed by a Penn Hills homeowner during a home invasion was identified on Friday as Devin Davis, 21, of the North Side, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Davis, who police said worked as an assistant chef at a Pittsburgh restaurant, was one of three men wearing ski masks who police said went into the garage of a home on Edinburg Drive around 7:30 a.m. Monday as a woman returned from taking her children to school. He was stabbed in the back during a struggle with the woman's husband.
The other two men fled and remain at large, police said. No charges have been filed against the homeowner, who was identified by neighbors as Eric Timbers, a power-lifter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Marine recalls sights, sounds of Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances