Man killed in home invasion identified as North Side man
The man who was fatally stabbed by a Penn Hills homeowner during a home invasion was identified on Friday as Devin Davis, 21, of the North Side, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Davis, who police said worked as an assistant chef at a Pittsburgh restaurant, was one of three men wearing ski masks who police said went into the garage of a home on Edinburg Drive around 7:30 a.m. Monday as a woman returned from taking her children to school. He was stabbed in the back during a struggle with the woman's husband.
The other two men fled and remain at large, police said. No charges have been filed against the homeowner, who was identified by neighbors as Eric Timbers, a power-lifter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Syrian border town emerges as pivot point in Islamic State fight
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned
- Pitt notebook: Conner quietly surpasses 1,000 yards rushing
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Mini goes mainstream
- Springdale to get kayak launch, other riverfront improvements
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot