Man killed in home invasion identified as North Side man
Published: Friday, December 21, 2012, 9:42 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 23, 2012
The man who was fatally stabbed by a Penn Hills homeowner during a home invasion was identified on Friday as Devin Davis, 21, of the North Side, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Davis, who police said worked as an assistant chef at a Pittsburgh restaurant, was one of three men wearing ski masks who police said went into the garage of a home on Edinburg Drive around 7:30 a.m. Monday as a woman returned from taking her children to school. He was stabbed in the back during a struggle with the woman's husband.
The other two men fled and remain at large, police said. No charges have been filed against the homeowner, who was identified by neighbors as Eric Timbers, a power-lifter.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Former Charleroi pastor indicted on child pornography charge
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Police: Man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.