Pittsburgh man dies in Penn Hills shooting
A man was shot and killed Friday afternoon along Conestoga Road in Penn Hills.
Emmanuel Thompson, 18, of Pittsburgh, was shot shortly before 4:30 p.m. when he and another man went onto the porch or front door of a home.
Thompson, who appeared to have been shot in the side, stumbled onto the sidewalk and collapsed, officers said. He died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are trying to determine if the shots were fired from inside or outside the home. The other man was not wounded and was being questioned by detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity