Pittsburgh man dies in Penn Hills shooting
A man was shot and killed Friday afternoon along Conestoga Road in Penn Hills.
Emmanuel Thompson, 18, of Pittsburgh, was shot shortly before 4:30 p.m. when he and another man went onto the porch or front door of a home.
Thompson, who appeared to have been shot in the side, stumbled onto the sidewalk and collapsed, officers said. He died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are trying to determine if the shots were fired from inside or outside the home. The other man was not wounded and was being questioned by detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to ‘Mockingjay Part 1’
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Review: ‘Mockingjay — Part 1’ a glum setup for ‘Hunger Games’ finale
- Carnegie Science Center adds legendary Buhl Planetarium to railroad village
- Child flown to Pittsburgh hospital after being struck by car in Beaver County
- First Draft: Leave the wine corked and serve beer for Thanksgiving
- Education program comes full circle at UPG
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Fashion FYI: Designer Tory Burch turns into author
- Pittsburgh police are searching for 12-year-old girl