Blood drive to aid supply after Butler teen's transplant
The Central Blood Bank will host a blood drive from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Clearview Mall in Butler in honor of Adam Snow, the Butler County teen who underwent a life-saving liver transplant Nov. 10.
The family of Snow, 14, a ninth-grader at Butler Area Intermediate High school, made a desperate plea Nov. 9 for a healthy liver after doctors said he had days to live. Within hours, Snow found a match and underwent surgery. He now is home in Butler.
The blood bank said the drive will replenish the community blood supply that aided Snow during surgery. The drive will take place next to the Sears department store in the mall.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- House has Pitt defense trending in right direction
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Heyl: ‘Mr. Peduto Head’ products could earn city much-needed revenue
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib