Fire heavily damages garage in Perry North
Fire badly burned a residential garage Monday night in Perry North, though an adjacent three-story house saw only minor damage, a city fire official said.
No one was hurt in the fire, reported about 7:15 p.m. at 345 Waldorf St. The man who lives there was not home at the time, battalion Chief William Martin said.
He said the fire began in the garage. The cause remained under investigation Tuesday. Seventeen firefighters responded and brought the blaze under control within about a half-hour, Martin said.
Damage is estimated in the range of $50,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Five taken to hospitals after school bus-SUV crash in Washington Township
- Federal tax-fraud investigation appears to be closing in on North Hills businessman
- Hempfield faculty given active shooter training
- McKeesport juvenile hit by school bus on Eden Park Boulevard
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Pirates, Marlins in talks to play 2016 game in Puerto Rico
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Pitt’s Bisnowaty ‘ready to go’ but may not start vs. Youngstown State
- Former Highmark CEO sues health insurer for $32 million
- Alcosan rents banner plane in attempt to win contest with Cleveland