Fire heavily damages garage in Perry North
Fire badly burned a residential garage Monday night in Perry North, though an adjacent three-story house saw only minor damage, a city fire official said.
No one was hurt in the fire, reported about 7:15 p.m. at 345 Waldorf St. The man who lives there was not home at the time, battalion Chief William Martin said.
He said the fire began in the garage. The cause remained under investigation Tuesday. Seventeen firefighters responded and brought the blaze under control within about a half-hour, Martin said.
Damage is estimated in the range of $50,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Man shot in domestic incident collapses near Washington County bar
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry