Fire heavily damages garage in Perry North
Fire badly burned a residential garage Monday night in Perry North, though an adjacent three-story house saw only minor damage, a city fire official said.
No one was hurt in the fire, reported about 7:15 p.m. at 345 Waldorf St. The man who lives there was not home at the time, battalion Chief William Martin said.
He said the fire began in the garage. The cause remained under investigation Tuesday. Seventeen firefighters responded and brought the blaze under control within about a half-hour, Martin said.
Damage is estimated in the range of $50,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- United Airlines hack coincided with incursion into government employee data
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 30, 2015