Drug-related shooting critically injures Ambridge man
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Tuesday, December 25, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Ambridge police said they found drugs, guns and other contraband in a borough home after a drug-related shooting wounded one resident Monday.
Acting police Chief James Mann said Chad Gray, 29, was in critical but stable condition in a Pittsburgh hospital Tuesday after he was shot in the side.
Three men apparently walked in through the unlocked front entrance to the home in the 100 block of Park Road about 7:45 p.m. Monday, and held Gray and four others inside at gunpoint.
Mann said police believe the armed men, only described as wearing black clothing and covering their faces, were familiar with the house. He added police had been watching Gray's house for months after receiving reports of drug activity there.
Early Tuesday, Mann said police served a search warrant at the house and found heroin, marijuana, guns and other illegal items inside. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday evening.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Plan for loft apartments receives approval
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.