Drug-related shooting critically injures Ambridge man
Ambridge police said they found drugs, guns and other contraband in a borough home after a drug-related shooting wounded one resident Monday.
Acting police Chief James Mann said Chad Gray, 29, was in critical but stable condition in a Pittsburgh hospital Tuesday after he was shot in the side.
Three men apparently walked in through the unlocked front entrance to the home in the 100 block of Park Road about 7:45 p.m. Monday, and held Gray and four others inside at gunpoint.
Mann said police believe the armed men, only described as wearing black clothing and covering their faces, were familiar with the house. He added police had been watching Gray's house for months after receiving reports of drug activity there.
Early Tuesday, Mann said police served a search warrant at the house and found heroin, marijuana, guns and other illegal items inside. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Fall from Hazelwood roof kills man
- Toys for Tots fails to deliver; local charities scramble
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- First Niagara to cut 200 jobs; Pittsburgh impact unclear