Whitehall woman sues Rite Aid Corp., says cookies sold there made her sick
A Whitehall woman filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Rite Aid Corp. for allegedly selling her a tin of bacteria-filled cookies.
Coleen Lester, 57, claims Rite Aid was negligent for not ensuring the quality of the Rich Fields Butter Cookies and failing to store them at appropriate temperatures.
Lester said she purchased the cookies at a Rite Aid in Oakland in October 2011 and soon after she ate them she suffered severe stomach aches and cramping. She was admitted to UPMC Presbyterian hospital for treatment and was out of work for about three weeks.
According to the lawsuit, Rite Aid later recalled the cookies after receiving calls about multiple people becoming sick after eating them.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Medical examiner emphatic: Klein died as a result of cyanide poisoning
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay