Closed section of Grandview Avenue is reopened after utility pole knocked down
Published: Friday, December 28, 2012, 7:48 a.m.
Updated: Friday, December 28, 2012
A tractor-trailer knocked down a utilty pole on Mount Washington and shut down a street early Friday morning.
Pittsburgh police said the driver of the tractor trailer hit a Verizon utility poile while trying to make a left-hand turn at Grandview Avenue and Bigham Street about 2 a.m.
Verizon workers replaced the pole about 11:30 a.m. and the street was reopened by mid-afternoon, police said.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.