Black bear spotted in Cranberry
Cranberry police are warning residents to keep animal food indoors after a black bear wandered through the community Thursday.
Patrons at the Buffalo Wild Wings along Route 19 spotted the bear perched in a tree behind the restaurant around 9:30 p.m., according to Public Safety Director Jeff Schueler. The bear stayed in the tree for nearly two hours before heading toward Interstate 79 and disappearing in the woods. The bear had earlier been spotted along Executive Drive, not far from the restaurant, Schueler said.
Schueler said the bear didn't threaten anyone. He added that those who keep food outside, such as dog food or bird seed in feeders, should keep the food indoors so that it doesn't attract the bear.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County public works director leaves job
- Beaver DA believes girls might have lived had dad responded faster
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Man tries to lure teen into white van in Hempfield, police report
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Retail theft attempt turns violent in Monroeville store parking lot
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams
- Uber, Lyft get tentative PUC permission to operate in Allegheny County
- Ringgold School Board bans book in haste
- Air Algerie flight presumed to have crashed in ‘difficult weather’