Weather slows traffic on Pa. Turnpike
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, 10:04 a.m.
Officials have lowered the speed limit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike to 45 miles per hour due to weather conditions .The lowered speed limit is in effect from the Ohio Line to the Blue Mountain/Kittatinny Tunnels, a distance of about 200 miles.No truck or trailer restrictions have been implemented on the turnpike.Snow is now starting to fall on the turnpike in central and eastern Pennsylvania, and lower speeds could be implemented there if conditions warrantMotorists will be alerted about any restrictions with message signs, radio station 1640 AM, and at www.paturnpike.com.Across the region, emergency dispatchers reported minor accidents because of snow-covered roads, but no major injuries.In many areas, between 3 and 4 inches of snow fell overnight.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Two players ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- Man dead in Beaver County brush fire
- Worshippers welcome Easter’s dawn in Pittsburgh’s North Side
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Police: McKees Rocks woman had child on board when she crashed after chase
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- Officials identify Chartiers shooting victim as Wilkinsburg man