Weather slows traffic on Pa. Turnpike
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 10:04 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Officials have lowered the speed limit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike to 45 miles per hour due to weather conditions .The lowered speed limit is in effect from the Ohio Line to the Blue Mountain/Kittatinny Tunnels, a distance of about 200 miles.No truck or trailer restrictions have been implemented on the turnpike.Snow is now starting to fall on the turnpike in central and eastern Pennsylvania, and lower speeds could be implemented there if conditions warrantMotorists will be alerted about any restrictions with message signs, radio station 1640 AM, and at www.paturnpike.com.Across the region, emergency dispatchers reported minor accidents because of snow-covered roads, but no major injuries.In many areas, between 3 and 4 inches of snow fell overnight.
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Suspect surrenders in foundry evacuation
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.