Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Davis becomes 1st African-American to be named vice chair of Allegheny County Democratic Committee
- Murrysville athlete runs obstacle course for charity — 7 times
- Nor’easter causing flight delays at Pittsburgh International
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- 12-year-old rescues 4-year-old from burning house in Homestead