Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Study to look at financial impact of state’s gas boom
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County