Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
Published: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:42 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 31, 2012
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcylce accident
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Alleged Washington County carjacker arrest at airport
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.