Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
By From Staff Reports
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Van Sickle breaks through at West Penn Open
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
- North Hills math teacher Rick Roth rolls with new technology in the classroom
- MLB notebook: San Jose sues MLB over A’s stalled move
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.