Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Ferrante defense continues to question cyanide tests
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand