Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
By From Staff Reports
Published: Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mail for IRS delivered to Squirrel Hill home
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- State Police: People injured in Parkway crash resulting from police chase
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Stewart activated; Sanchez demoted
- Bunt singles are rare, but can be effective
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Pitt QB Savage turns down NYC invite to NFL Draft
- Philanthropist helps waitress become nurse
- Festival shares Mozart’s secrets
- Youngster falls over hillside in Churchill
- Drug crime reclassification to help ex-cons get vote rights