Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Jefferson Hospital doctor serves as panelist for mental health legislation
- White Oak no-kill shelter attorney appeals civil decision
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Munhall mayor seeks to remedy flyover bridge hazards
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Contractor shot, killed in Homewood
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU