Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
By From Staff Reports
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Blowing late lead not a good sign for Penguins
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.