Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington