Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Zappala impersonator arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Fire at Dollar General in Rostraver under control, dispatchers say
- Running against Obama
- America’s manufacturing comeback
- NFL notebook: Colts WR Wayne out for Sunday’s game at Steelers
- News Alert
- Line painting on I-79 set for weekend
- An Obama clone