Coroner: Death of boy at Hidden Valley Resort not suspicious
Boy, 11, found dead at Hidden Valley Resort
A boy found dead in his sleep at a Somerset County ski resort is believed to have died of natural causes, according to the county coroner.
Conner Patrick Williams, 11, of New Philadelphia, Ohio, was found dead in his bedroom at a condo in the Timbercrest Court section of Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Jefferson Township about 9 a.m. Sunday, according to state police and Coroner Wallace Miller.
Williams was with family members skiing at the resort over the holidays, police said.
A family member went to the boy's bedroom to awaken him Sunday and found him dead in bed, police said.
Neither police nor the coroner suspects foul play.
Miller said an autopsy has been performed, but the cause of death is pending further testing.
He suspects natural causes but would not comment on whether Williams had any underlying health conditions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chryst named football coach at Wisconsin
- Pederson ousted as Pitt athletic director
- NFL notebook: Bears bench QB Cutler, turn to Clausen
- Carnegie man involved in police chase sues Pittsburgh and Homestead
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- NHL notebook: Predators’ Neal fined $2,000 for embellishment
- Stock market jumps as Fed pledges patience in rate hikes
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz tests foot by skating during practice